Planning an extended vacation to an exotic destination? Traveling out of the country for work? Instead of paying for high-cost rental homes, you can keep your stuff and belongings with a storage facility. Self-storage services offer units/containers to customers for a monthly charge, and you can store all kinds of goods and products. Apart from homeowners, businesses often rely on such services to meet space requirements. Here are 12 things that you must check before picking a service.
- Start by looking for reliable services that offer cheap storage units without additional terms and conditions. You can check online or ask your friends and family for references.
- Make sure that the prices are affordable. Since you will be traveling, you don’t precisely need a service that’s located within the town. Outskirt facilities are usually cheaper in comparison.
- Ask for a quote. The estimate should include all kinds of costs and charges, if any. Customers often complain about hidden costs, which can be avoided with a closer check.
- Read the terms and conditions in detail. The service contract should be clear and easy to understand, without complicated terms. This is more important for long term rentals.
- If required, take additional insurance for the storage unit, especially for expensive things like cars and personal belongings. Talk to the concerned service to know your options.
- Check the premises for security. Besides video surveillance, the service must invest in manpower and manual checks to avoid theft and trespassing.
- On your visit, talk to the manager about the measures taken for pest and mold control. It is important to be safe from critters and pests, which are often found at shoddy premises.
- If you need climate controlled units, it is best to seek a separate estimate. Compare the costs before taking a call.
- Does the unit have an individual alarm system? This is a small but important aspect, so make sure to discuss the additional security features with the service.
- Access is also a key aspect that must be considered. If you are in town, you might want to access your goods. Check with the service to know their business hours.
- Many services do offer an initial discount for new customers. Do check the website of the concerned service to know more.
- Lastly, do look for quality customer support. A company must have its registered office and should be accessible on phone and email for all kinds of queries.
Find a service right now!