For any well-established company, periodically refreshing and re-organising their business premises is something that must be done well; by maximising this opportunity, increases in productivity and staff well-being are a valuable end product. Possibilities exist for every budget in a range of essential areas of the office; I want to give you some superb ideas to complete your office refurbishment and enhance a key component of your company. A modern, aesthetically pleasing well-designed work environment impacts your staff’s mood, drive, mental health and productivity; by transforming a dated office, you can unlock positive increases in all these areas.
Research Your Topic
An excellent first step when undertaking an office refurbishment is to take some time in researching what is available, use the internet and search for ‘office fit-out Cirencester’ or ‘business refurbishment Gloucester’ or something similar. This search should give you a listing of local office installation specialists; take some time to view their websites and see the available options. It should also give you some possible prospective suppliers for your project; they should be able to offer you an end-to-end design process utilising computer-aided design programmes. Let’s now look at the essential components of any excellent office refurbishment.
Areas To Improve
A perfect modern office interior that is versatile and multi-functional while also encouraging your staff’s productivity is achievable by upgrading some key components; they should be –
- Layout – modern office partitioning systems can divide your floorplan to maximise its potential; an increasingly popular choice is glass partitions that allow the natural light to flow through an office, increasing staff well-being and output.
- Décor – an essential element in any great office environment, the right colour scheme can uplift all concerned and, when combined with the other office fixtures, form the overall aesthetic outlook of the workplace.
- Lighting – As a crucial part of any working premises, this is highly important; modern Led lighting can provide the correct lighting level if enough natural light is not available.
- Furniture – ergonomically designed office furniture in bright colours can improve staff productivity while also adding to the office’s overall look.
- Biophilic – There is an increasing trend in modern offices using green plants and planting; case studies have shown increases in staff happiness when utilised.
- Staff Areas – Break rooms, kitchens, and restrooms should all be designed to give your staff space to refresh and recharge so that they return to work re-energised.
Correctly tailoring your office refurbishment can complement the type of atmosphere you want to generate; use this opportunity to incorporate your company branding into the overall design.
What Are the Achievable Benefits?
The average worker will spend a large portion of life in their workplace environment, and it is essential that as an employer, you make sure it is a welcoming, positive office where they are happy and productive; by doing this, you can also unlock benefits not immediately apparent, these include –
- Reduced utility bills through energy-efficient equipment.
- Improved health and safety with upgraded fixtures.
- Impressing existing customers and attracting new business.
- Increased efficiency by improving the workplace.
All the benefits are achievable, and by creating a modern, aesthetically pleasing well, defined office environment, you can add value to your company and enable it to thrive and succeed.